Monday, February 23, 2009

2/23 - 9:30pm

So... It has been a quiet couple of days, and I am so glad for it.

Dad has been doing some generalized radiation on his head to slow the growth of this tumor. They are working on his super duper fancy-shmanchy radiation that will only target the tumor, but while we are waiting on the physicists to get it all set up, we are doing what we can to slow this damn thing down.

So far dad is taking it very well - no ill side effects. I have not noticed much difference in his memory, but every time I talked to him today, he seemed to be better than I remember him in several weeks. Thank you, God.

Today dad had both a PET scan and another MRI. These were to make sure that this tumor we know about in his brain is the only one we are dealing with. If it is not, then Dan and I have some quite difficult decisions to make.

Dad is supposed to go home on Tuesday (tomorrow). We have some help coming in for the mornings and we will take him Monday-Friday to radiation.

I don't know what else to say until we find out what the MRI and PET scan show.

Please keep praying.
Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment