Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Update - 02/17

02/17/09

Ok.... So lots of you have asked.

So I thought I make it easier for us to communicate here.

on Monday the 16th Dawn and I went to dad's house with the intention of talking to him about depression and possibly getting some help. The longer we talked to him, the more we realized that it was not depression that was likely causing what we were seeing. We felt like it was something physically wrong, but didn't know what.

After talking to lots of people and going to the urgent care clinic on Monday night we decided to get some sleep and take dad to the ER on Tuesday morning.

I took dad to the ER this morning and they got right on it and did every test they could think of: blood work, cat scan, xray.... etc...

The cat scan came back with a mass in his brain. I do not know how big yet, I don't know if there is more that one yet..... Dr. Cone had dad do an MRI tonight and will let us know more on Wednesday. I understand now that the MRI shows more detail and more of the brain.

I don't know what else to say other than this: God has counted all of our days and will call each of us home when it is our time. I believe that I speak for dad in this too. I know he has a deep love for our Father and also in our savior Christ Jesus. I think my dad will be very happy to live and have more life here on earth, and I believe he will be happy to go home to be with Christ. **(Philippians 1:21)**

Please pray. Pray that God be glorified in dad's life and through this new battle. Pray that our families have the strength to make wise decisions wen they need to be made and to be unified. Pray that even through what ever suffering dad may go through that God be glorified.

Please forward the address of this blog to whomever you think would be interested.

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment